2019 Run Ambassadors
Kate moved to Grand Junction in 2014 and has fallen in love with the scenery and running. She often trains by running in the Colorado National Monument, and has done countless runs in the park. Kate has ran the Rim Rock Run numerous of times in the past and plans on participating in the Boston Marathon this year. Kates running achievements are spectacular and she also has her own running blog that she updates regularly.
Lindsay began running as a dare to herself at the age of 32. After she was diagnosed with Chrons Disease and told she would never be able to run, she wanted to prove people wrong. Since she started running Lindsay has completed several half marathons and a handful of full marathons. In one of her races she even got chased by a cow. Lindsay uses running as a stress relief and gets the feel of joy and strength out of it as well.
Martin is a combat veteran and Grand Junction native who is involved in many different outdoor sports. Although an avid ski instructor, he has a passion for running. Martin has made the podium in multiple races for his age group and overall. He continues to train in the summers; running 50 miles a week and is a member of a local run club called the Mesa Striders. His greatest achievement is assisting other veterans in exploring sports and outdoors throughout Colorado.
Melissa is originally from Grand Junction but now lives in Florida and started her running journey in 2005. She plans to make the Rim Rock Run marathon her goal for 2020, while she has completed a handful of marathons, and half marathons this will be her first destination race. She is a proud member of many running groups via social media and often shares her training tips and goals to these groups which give her motivation to continue running.
Cheryl is a wife, mother of of two and has been competing in various distances for over 20 years. She just had her second baby, and is using the Rim Rock Run to share her journey about recovering. She supports and helps people train for their upcoming race while training for her own races. Her proudest running moment is breaking 20 minutes for a 5K for the first time in her life.
Follow Rim Rock Run Ambassadors on Social Media!
Thank you for your interest in our ambassador program! The deadline for 2020 ambassador applications has passed.
If you’re interested in becoming an ambassador for 2021, please let us know by completing this form.
Who is the idea candidate?
Rim Rock Run Ambassadors enjoy running and are passionate about encouraging others to get involved and RUN. As an Ambassador, you represent this extraordinary run and have a desire to spread the word about this one-of-a-kind destination race using your personal social media outlets and in-person event opportunities. Ambassadors will be compensated with merchandise, promotion, and more.
Please note: Ambassadors are NOT financially compensated in any way. We do not subsidize travel or training expenses or issue payment of any kind to our team. This is strictly and purely a volunteer role, not employee, freelance or contractor. Rim Rock Run reserves the right to remove any ambassador from the program at its discretion. Ambassadors serve from July until November.
How to apply
Application deadline: April 22nd, 2020
Write a 250-400 word essay, or submit a video about why you would make an excellent Ambassador! Please include the following:
1) Tell us who you are and what city you live in
2) Share your running accomplishments/goals and personal stories
3) Explain how you can help us recruit participants
4) Please include social media handles and number of followers for Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
5) Short essay/bio and digital photograph of yourself (to be featured and published on our website if you are selected)
Email your essay, along with contact information to email@example.com with the subject: 2020 Rim Rock Run Ambassador. Selected Ambassadors will be notified via email by April 27th and winners will be announced and published on our website and through social media outlets on April 30th.
- Have fun running!
- Spread the word about the Rim Rock Run through local running clubs, run stores, social media, blogging, etc.
- Including distribution of official Rim Rock Run promotional materials in your hometown (at running stores, local races, etc.). Promotional materials will be provided by Rim Rock Run.
- Must have public Facebook and Instagram accounts
- Become knowledgeable with the race so that you can provide information to other athletes
- Recruit runners that result in direct registrations for the Rim Rock Run (Ambassadors will be issued a unique registration code to distribute to potential participants)
- Share your training story
- Post pictures, stories, blogs etc. about your training, to your personal social media page as well as on the Rim Rock Run page
- Minimum of five posts per month; posts must be appropriate, public, and include the following hashtags:
- Official Rim Rock Run swag
- A complimentary Registration for the Full or Half Marathon, on completion of ambassador duties (code will be issued 10 days prior to event)
- Ambassador profile hosted on Rim Rock Run website
- Feature on the Official Rim Rock Run and Greater Grand Junction Sports Commission social media
- Promotional items as they become available through our sponsors/partners
- Discount code to distribute to interested runners for the 2020 event
The Ambassador that recruits the most runners to register for the 2020 US Bank Rim Rock Run, with their unique discount code, will be awarded a complimentary registration to the 2021 Rim Rock Run and other incredible prizes (to be announced). To win you must register a minimum of 6 participants. You have until November 1st, 2020 to WIN!